To you, the citizens of the "bleeding heart" world...
Before you attacking us with words, claim that we are brutal, talking about how emotionless we are, before you sending another e-mail or chat to the world that claims that the Israelis are the problematic, before you determine that we are the bad guys and the rest are week and miserable, I wonder if you know these things:
1) When you were born, you left the hospital with flowers and presents -
Babies in Israel, left the hospital with gas mask and self defending kit.
2) When you learn in the kindergarten how to draw and sing -
Kids in kindergarten in Israel learns what to do in case of alarm and where is the shelter.
3) When you celebrate for the good days -
We celebrate that "they" didn't succeed to eliminate us during all these years.
4) When you have a memorial day for a friend or relative that died in old age -
We memorize that six millions of our nation murdered just because they were Jewish and our soldiers who dies in daily basis to defend us from Islamic terrorism or any other threats.
5) When the age of 18, you start your academic studying, we must join the army (IDF)
and not necessarily that we come to 20 years old.
6) When you are planning vacation overseas and ask about sea and pampering -
We, first of all, have to check if there are any warnings about the place.
7) When you build your house in your country with big guestroom and playroom -
We obliged to build our with a "strong-room".
8) When you go out to have fun, going out to a movie or restaurant, a host is waiting for you in the entrance - We have a guard to check that no one will come to explode and kill innocent people.
9) When you take the bus in the morning on your way to your work or arrangements -
You don't need to be frightened and you don't need to look at the rest of the passengers and search for suspects.
10) When you drive across your wonderful country from north to south or from east to west -
You don't need to be afraid of an ambush.
11) In the last war of your country, takes part your grandfather, now at the age of 87 -
I already took part in 4 wars, and I am only 37.
But this is our reality and we don't have problem with that. We never complained and we never looked for any mercy. There were better days that we hoped for peace, but when there are leaders in the twentieth century from other nation, that announce that it will be better to eliminate the Jewish state...
I assumes that we forced for many years in this reality that when you read this letter you discover that it is non-realistic to live like that. So when you are in your peaceful and pastoral country and sometimes hear news about the Middle-East, please do me a favor and don't even think you know who or what is right.
And if you do want to know better - You invite to live here and then...
We Will Talk!