Why boycott Israel?
Israel has a better human rights record than any other country in the Middle East - It is a fact, see Human Rights in Israel and Elsewhere, especially in Iran. Homosexuals are not hanged in Israel, adulteresses are not stoned, women are not forced to wear veils. There are real elections with more than one candidate.
Arabs and Jews compete for office in these elections. Arabs and Jews serve as cabinet officers and diplomats. The widest variety of opposition views are published in Israeli newspapers.
Israeli Arabs have more rights than Arabs in Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Syria. They can vote, they have the right to judicial redress. Israeli Arab women have more rights than Arab women in any Muslim country.
Boycotting Israel singles out one country for punishment - a country that does not deserve it. Boycotting Israel hurts Israeli and Palestinian students and faculty in Israeli universities.
The boycott Israel campaign is a vicious crusade against peaceful conflict resolution initiated by racist ideologues to promote their own peculiar ideas. They freely admit that they do not want to end the occupation. They want to end the Jewish state!
The boycott of Israel was originated by the Arab League and smacks of the Nazi campaign to boycott Jews in the 1930s.
One need only glance at the following achievements to understand what Israel's universities have contributed to human progress and peace and why it would be wrong to boycott Israel...
* Most laptop of Intel-Pentium chips created in Israel, including all the laptops you knows.
* Windows XP and Vista, including Microsoft Office, invented by Microsoft Israel.
* All firewalls and Anti-Virus software developed in Israel.
* The cellpohne was developed by Motorola Israel, including the camera phone function.
* Voice mail developed in Israel.
* ICQ, MSN, Skype and any other instant messaging system developed in Israel as it started in 1996.
* Google search engine developed in Israel.
* Jewish engineer Robert Adler invented the remote control and it developed in Israel.
* Levi Straus and Jacob Davis, both Jews, invented the blue jeans.
* Drip Watering System for agriculture, developed in Israel.
* Electric Cars developed in Israel. Israel invested millions developing this technology and getting percentages, so most of the money is going to fight terrorists group as Hamas and Hezbollah.
* Solar system invented in Israel.
* Tsunami detector invented in Israel.
* If you are terrorist or gangster, do not use weapon systems that develops in Israel.
ï "Pill Camera" to discover the human body, developed in Israel.
* Do not use Baby Sense system, which is Israeli invention.
And what about science, health and medical tools?
* Two of the world's most widely used FDA-approved multiple-sclerosis drugs, Copaxone and Rebif, were developed from research carried out at Weizmann Institute of Science.
* A revolutionary drug developed by researchers at Bar-Ilan University holds out hope for tens of millions of people around the world who suffer from schizophrenia. Researchers from Tel Aviv University have also invented a drug candidate which holds out promise in this field.
* An award-winning scientist at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev developed a biological control for mosquitoes and black flies that cause malaria and river blindness, saving the sight and lives of millions of people in Africa and China.
* Scientists at Hebrew University of Jerusalem have developed the FDA-approved drug Exelon for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and dementia, and are now working on a new anti-Alzheimer's drug also suitable for treating strokes and traumatic brain injuries.
* Velcade, an effective new cancer drug that treats multiple myeloma, is based on research by two Technion-Israel Institute of Technology professors. The pair won the 2004 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for their groundbreaking work.
* Scientists at Tel Aviv University developed Bio-Petro-Clean, a safe environmentally-friendly technology for cleaning oil spills in seas around the globe.?
* University of Haifa researchers working as part of an international cooperative team, identified the gene capable of increasing the protein content of wheat-- a giant step towards combating world hunger.?
* Research by a professor at the Weizmann Institute has led to the development of promising new therapies for acute spinal cord injuries. The late actor Christopher Reeve described Israel as the 'world-center' for research on paralysis treatment. Proneuron Bio-technologies, the company founded to commercialize this research is also developing a therapy for Parkinson's with support from the Michael J. Fox Foundation.?
* A team from the Weizmann Institute has demonstrated for the first time how tissues transplanted from pig embryos might, in the future, be able to induce the human body to produce blood-clotting proteins for hemophilia patients.?
* An Israeli scientific team from the Technion has succeeded in creating in the laboratory beating heart tissue from human embryonic stem cells.?
* Researchers at the Hebrew University and the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge have isolated the protein that triggers stress in order to try to treat post-traumatic stress syndrome.?
* A team of Jewish and Arab Israeli genetic researchers from Ben-Gurion University and Soroka Medical Center has identified a genetic defect that causes a severe neurodegenerative disease in Bedouin children, resulting in premature death.?
* A researcher at Ben Gurion University has succeeded in creating human monoclonal antibodies which can neutralize the highly contagious small-pox virus without inducing the dangerous side effects of the existing vaccine.?
* A Hebrew University doctoral student has developed an innovative drug that gives people the feeling of satiety, an important development in treatment of the obese.
The achievements do not stop there, but that doesn't stop those who want to boycott Israel. Israel is the 100th smallest country in the world, but many of the world's best technologies were invented here, much of the groundwork laid by whiz-kids from Israel's universities.
* The Pentium NMX Chip was designed at Intel in Israel. Both the Pentium 4 microprocessor and the Centrum processor were designed, developed and produced in Israel, as was voice mail.?
* Most of Windows operating systems was developed by Microsoft-Israel, as was voice mail technology.?
* Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel, attracted by the high quality of engineers.?
* Much of the world's security in the fields of computers, banking, and homeland security rests on Israeli inventiveness -- a necessary by-product of the years spent defending the country from terrorism and war. An Israeli company, for example, is now working on software that would prevent the kind of repeat bombings seen on the London Underground. The company wishes to complete its research in the UK, but will be unable to because of the boycott.
And the list is still much longer...
Now, go and buy as much computer products, technology systems, medication or medical tools that developed by Palestinians or Muslims in general and as you can find !
You may think twice if you want to boycott Israel and to go backward to the stone age, riding on camels and donkeys.
Smile... and enjoy Israeli/Jewish products.