Paul Bogdanor has compiled a handy list of Noam Chomsky's top 200 lies on topics ranging from Israeli-Arab wars and Communism to Latin America and himself.
I compiled 40 of them that apeaking on the Israeli Arab conflict.
If he tells the truth will he survive?
What is the future for his blind followers?
1) The Lie: The [9/11] terrorist attacks were major atrocities. In scale they may not reach the level of many others, for example, Clintonís bombing of the Sudan with no credible pretext, destroying half its pharmaceutical supplies and killing unknown numbers of people (no one knows, because the US blocked an inquiry at the UN and no one cares to pursue it).
The Truth: After al-Qaeda destroyed American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, killing hundreds, America bombed an alleged chemical weapons factory in Sudan. The bombing was conducted at night so that civilians would not be hurt.
182 One security guard died. Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Oxfam and Doctors Without Borders were all free to investigate and none alleged that the bombing caused mass deaths surpassing 9/11.
2) The Lie: [In Bosnia] there was one famous incident which has completely reshaped the Western opinion and that was the photograph of the thin man behind the barb-wire [at the Trnopolje camp] the place was ugly, but it was a refugee camp, I mean, people could leave if they wanted.
The Truth: Trnopolje was a concentration camp where victims were imprisoned during the process of ethnic cleansing and subjected to systematic starvation and rape, as well as random violence and murder.
3) The Lie: ì[UNITA] had also announced a new campaign of urban terror,í Associated Press reported [in April 1984], noting a bombing in Luanda in which 30 people were killed and more than 70 injured when a jeep loaded with dynamite exploded in the city.
The Truth: UNITA claimed responsibility for bombing an army building in Huambo, not Luanda, adding ìthat the attack marked the beginning of UNITAís urban guerrilla campaign [emphasis added]. AP reported UNITA's claim to have bombed an army building and cited an official communist report from Luanda ìthat about 30 people were killed and more than 70 injured when a jeep loaded with dynamite exploded in the town [of Huambo].
4) The Lie: ìOnly a few months before he spoke [in June 1984], [George] Shultzís UNITA friends in Angola were boasting of having shot down civilian airliners with 266 people killed.
The Truth: UNITA claimed to have shot down government planes carrying hundreds of military personnel. The authorities said that first plane made an emergency landing because of technical problems, with no-one killed.
5) The Lie: [In November 1983,] UNITA in Angola took credit for shooting down an Angolan civilian airline with over a hundred people killed from South Africa and the United States support them so that whenever they shoot down a civilian airliner, thatís fine.
The Truth: UNITA claimed to have shot down a plane carrying government soldiers. The authorities said that it was a passenger airliner that crashed because of technical faults.
6) The Lie: the heroine of the popular struggle that overthrew the vicious Somoza regime in Nicaragua, Dora Maria Tellez, was denied a visa to teach at the Harvard Divinity School, as a terrorist. Her crime was to have helped overthrow a US-backed tyrant and mass murderer. Orwell would not have known whether to laugh or weep.
The Truth: In 1978, Dora Maria Tellez led a Sandinista attack on Nicaraguaís parliament building. The terrorists captured 1,500 civilian hostages, including children, and threatened to murder them unless their demands were met. The demands included a prisoner release and a $10 million ransom.
7) The Lie: What were the worst terrorist acts in the Middle East in the peak year, 1985?
The second candidate would be the Israeli bombing of TunisÖ Tunis was attacked with smart bombs. People were torn to pieces, and so on, and the attack killed about seventy-five people, Tunisians and Palestinians. They were civilians This was, again, international terrorism.
The Truth: Israel bombed the PLO's headquarters in a suburb of Tunis. A report stated that the raid ìheavily damaged or destroyed buildings used by Force 17, the PLOís elite security wing while leaving others in the complex untouched.
8) The Lie: We might tarry a moment over the Israeli attack on the island off Tripoli north of Beirut [in 1984], in which Lebanese fishermen and boy scouts at a camp were killed One might ask why the murder of Lebanese boy scouts is a lesser atrocity [than the death of Israeli children at Maíalot].
The Truth: Israel bombed an ammunition dump on the island, known as a training facility for
a jihadist faction allied to the PLO. Sources in the jihadist faction reported that there were 150
terrorists on the island and that 25 of them were hit.
9) The Lie: None [of the attacks on Israel] is remembered with more horror than the atrocity at Maíalot in 1974, where 22 members of a paramilitary youth group were killed in an exchange of fire.
The Truth: The PLO attack commenced with the murder of a father, a pregnant mother and their four-year-old child, with their five-year-old daughter shot in the stomach. The terrorists took over 100 schoolchildren hostage and threatened to massacre them unless their demands were met. They murdered 22 teenagers, and wounded 56, during an Israeli rescue attempt.
10) The Lie: we might consider one of the early exploits of our most favored client state [Israel], the massacre on Oct. 28, 1948 at Doueimah [sic] leaving 580 civilians killed according to the accounting by its Mukhtar 100 to 350, according to Israeli sources, 1,000 according to testimonies preserved in US State Department records.
The Truth: Arab officials investigated these stories at the time, concluding that 27 had been murdered and that the information on the slaughter in Duwayma was exaggerated. The IDF also investigated and requested a field trial for the guilty officer.163 The crime was committed in revenge for Arab terrorist attacks that killed 2,000 Jewish civilians during the war.
You Might Also Like:
Quotes About Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky Lies About Arab Israeli Peace Process
Noam Chomsky Lies About War on Terrorism
Noam Chomsky Lies About Arab Israeli Wars
Noam Chomsky Lies About America & Israel
Top 200 Noam Chomsky's Lies