Paul Bogdanor has compiled a handy list of Noam Chomsky's top 200 lies on topics ranging from Israeli-Arab wars and Communism to Latin America and himself.
I compiled 40 of them that apeaking on the Israeli Arab conflict.
If he tells the truth will he survive?
What is the future for his blind followers?
1) The Lie: It is acceptable to report the collateral damage by bombing error, the inadvertent and inevitable cost of war, but not the conscious and deliberate destruction of Afghans who will die in silence, invisibly not by design, but because it doesn't matter, a deeper level of moral depravity. People do not die of starvation instantly. They can survive on roots and grass, and if malnourished children die of disease, who will seek to determine what factors lie in the background?
The Truth: America had been the largest supplier of food to Afghanistan for a decade and provided two-thirds of food aid after 9/11, saving the country from famine. The UN Global Ambassador on Hunger wrote that there was ion starvation this winter in Afghanistan, thanks to a humanitarian assistance budget wisely provided by the Bush administration. The head of the World Food Program in Kabul said that it was clear that a possible famine had been averted.
2) The Lie: Western civilization is anticipating the slaughter of, well do the arithmetic, 3-4 million people or something like that [in Afghanistan]. Looks like what's happening is some sort of silent genocide we are in the midst of apparently trying to murder 3 or 4 million people.
The Truth: Far from killing millions, the American occupation of Afghanistan saved lives. UNICEF figures indicate that the deaths of 112,000 children and 7,500 pregnant women will be prevented every year as a result.
3) The Lie: The [Afghanistan] war aim announced on October 12, five days after the bombing began, was that the Taliban leadership should hand over to the United States people who [sic] the US suspected of participating in terrorist actions.
The Truth: The war aim, announced by President Bush on the first day of bombing, was to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations, and to attack the military capability of the Taliban regime.
4) The Lie: Many who know the conditions well are also dubious about bin Laden's capacity to plan that incredibly sophisticated operation from a cave somewhere in Afghanistan. It's entirely possible that bin Laden telling the truth when he says that he didn't know about the operation.
The Truth: Shortly after 9/11, bin Laden said that he had known of the plan and had used his engineering skills to calculate how much damage the planes would inflict on the World Trade Center. The 9/11 planners, Khaled Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh, said that they executed the death flights with the approval of bin Laden.
5) The Lie: They [i.e., the terrorists] are carrying out enormous atrocities in response to the real atrocities for which were responsible and which continue to this day. It may matter little to us here, and virtually no one in the West cares. But that doesn't imply that it doesn't matter to the victims.
The Truth: They commit enormous atrocities because they are totalitarian fanatics.194 Islamic extremists have committed mass murder in Muslim countries such as Algeria, Iran, Iraq and Sudan, and in non-Western countries such as India and the Philippines.
You Might Also Like:
Quotes About Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky Lies About Arab Israeli Peace Process
Noam Chomsky Lies About Terrorist Atrocities
Noam Chomsky Lies About Arab Israeli Wars
Noam Chomsky Lies About America & Israel
Top 200 Noam Chomsky Lies